I was going through one of my old sketch books and ran across this image that I penciled and thought that would look cool if I actually inked and colored it. So that’s what I did..

[Bonus tip – If you “right click” the image and select “open in new tab” you can view this piece at it’s actual 100% size]

Above is the original sketch that I did in a moleskin. Even though it’s an older drawing I didn’t see anything that I needed to change. I like it the way it is. Except for I do my initials a little differently these days and thought it would be cooler if it was carved into the bench.

Next step is I scanned into my computer, sent it to my Dropbox, and then opened it up on my IPad Pro. (2017 model with first generation apple pencil)

I used Clip Studio Pro to do the Inks. I love this program for creating Art and stuff but I wish it wasn’t such a pain in the butt trying to transfer files from my Windows desktop to my IPad. Hopefully it gets better in the future.

Next comes the color flattening stage. This was a little tricky. I had to try quite a few different versions on the creature. I eventually settled on the purple but it could have been any color.

After that I went in and did all the shading and textures which finally brought the image to life like I wanted. I’m incredibly happy with how this weird ass piece came out 🙂

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my stuff. I just wanted to add that if anyone is wondering I’m about halfway done with the Ant Guy Volume #2 script and am incredibly excited about it. There’s also going to be a few new Duncebot Comix (I’m so happy auto correct hates those two previous words) in the near future.

Finally, have fun, be a good person, and create don’t destroy.

LaTeRz,

Adam